This week saw our teams get back onto the pitch for their first formal practices since the winter sessions, and this weekend most of our teams will be beginning their fall season.
You may have noticed that our training sessions are more spread out and there are less players/teams on the field simultaneously. This is on purpose as we are limiting the number of persons on any field at any one time so we can spread out and keep safe physical distance and have worked with the Rec Commission to ensure that for our training sessions and games we have exclusive use of the fields.
Additionally, the club has put together a set of game day protocols (to accompany the earlier training session protocols) to be in effect for all HOME games. We are sharing these protocols, not just with you, but also with all other clubs/teams that will be playing games here in Metuchen. According to MNJYSA (the League), HOME rules are in effect -- all clubs/teams must follow HOME rules (in terms of Covid) - Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. You can read the League notification here: https://www.mnjysa.org/news_article/show/1121586
We uploaded two new documents on the site - The first is the updated Club Information packet, which contains all details on the club and the travel program, as well as contact information. The second is our Fall Play Protocols (for games and training sessions). These protocols apply to any club activity (games and/or training sessions) taking place at our HOME fields (Charles, Myrtle, Hampton, Vidas). Please read through this second document.
A couple of highlights around game day protocols
- Only players, trainers and coaches are allowed inside the fence at Charles & Myrtle fields.
- Parents and other spectators can watch the games from outside the fenced areas at both of these fields.
- If you cannot social distance, you must wear a mask.
- Parents and spectators may not sit on the same side as the teams.
- At Hampton, parents and spectators must sit outside of the rope line (set up at least 10ft away from the field of play)
- If anyone is exhibiting any symptoms of covid19 or has a a reasonable suspicion of exposure.. please don't attend games or training sessions.
- The Club has exclusive use of the fields while training sessions and games are taking place. Any use by anyone else is not allowed and will be asked to leave (At least one night a week, MSC shares Myrtle with Flag Football)
Should you have any questions, please reach out to MSCInfo@metuchentravelsoccer.com
We hope you and your children have a great season! Enjoy the game and stay safe!
Metuchen Soccer Club
MSC - 2020 Club Information v2.pdf
MSC - Fall 2020 Play Protocols v2.pdf